Des Plaines Personal Injury Lawyers
The CDC estimates that accidents are the fourth leading cause of death in the United States, with 200,955 American lives lost in one recent year. Many more accidents are not fatal, but they nonetheless have life-altering consequences. The cost of treating a severe injury can be expensive, and with the work time and wages an injured person may lose during recovery, returning to a high quality of life may seem like an uphill battle.
Luckily, if someone else’s carelessness caused your injuries, you could demand justice and financial compensation to support your recovery. The Des Plaines personal injury lawyers of Karlin, Fleisher & Falkenberg, LLC use a dedicated and meticulous approach to represent our clients in the fight against negligent parties and insurance companies. Our track record spans fifty years, and we have obtained over $400 million in successful awards and settlements for our clients.
We offer free initial consultations for new clients and never charge fees unless we obtain compensation for you. Call us today at 312-346-8620 to discuss your case with an attorney and learn more about your legal options.
Areas of Practice
Personal injury cases can spring from a variety of different circumstances. The Karlin, Fleisher & Falkenberg, LLC team commonly handles the following types of personal injury cases:
- Birth injuries – Many congenital problems are linked to medical malpractice during pregnancy or birth. If your doctor’s negligence caused head injuries, spinal injuries, or congenital functional nervous system disorders, you could have a legal claim for compensation to support your child’s quality of life.
- Car accidents – Car crashes are among the most common causes of injury and accidental death. We’ve successfully pursued compensation for clients hurt by negligent drivers or poorly-maintained roads. If this happened to you, we could help.
- Construction accidents – Safety should be the utmost concern on construction sites. Unfortunately, job site accidents can still occur in Des Plaines, and they potentially carry damaging consequences. If you sustained injuries at work, we could help you navigate Illinois’s workers’ comp system and pursue the compensation you need. If you were a visitor to the site and sustained an injury, our personal injury attorneys can help you get the money you deserve from the at-fault party.
- Dangerous drugs – Whether prescription or over-the-counter, medications should be as safe as they are effective. Unfortunately, pharmaceutical companies do not always warn consumers properly about potential side effects, and people can suffer permanent consequences as a result. If your injuries stemmed from your use of a dangerous drug, we could pursue legal action against an irresponsible manufacturer or a careless prescriber.
- Dangerous products – If a consumer uses a product as advertised, they should be able to trust that they won’t sustain injuries. Unfortunately, some defective products can cause bodily harm. We help our injured clients demand compensation when they are harmed by using a product as intended.
- Medical malpractice – The oath medical professionals take is clear. Their patients’ health must always come first, and they must never put anyone in harm’s way. If you were injured from an improperly performed procedure, wrongfully prescribed drug, or missed diagnosis, we could fight for accountability and compensation for your losses.
- Motorcycle accidents – Drivers on Des Plaines’s roads have a duty of care to motorcyclists. Our team could pursue fair compensation on your behalf if you were hurt in a motorcycle accident caused by another’s actions.
- Nursing home abuse – Our community’s elders deserve respect and dignity, and we understand how devastating revelations of nursing home abuse are to residents’ children and families. While many forms of elder abuse are crimes in Illinois, you can still pursue financial compensation in a civil case. We are ready to represent you and your loved one.
- Premises liability – Property owners in Des Plaines are responsible for keeping their visitors safe from harm. If you were hurt in a slip-and-fall accident on someone else’s property, we could investigate the factors leading up to the accident and seek the justice you deserve.
- Truck accidents – Heavy trucks towing heavy payloads can cause substantial damage and severe injury in a crash. Our team has the experience you need to hold a driver or trucking company accountable after an accident they caused.
- Wrongful death – After negligence leads to a loved one’s untimely death, you can pursue compensation for lost companionship and income potential. We empathize with the stress you and your family experience after a wrongful death and offer compassionate, firm legal counsel as we pursue the money you deserve.
Services We Provide Our Clients
Karlin, Fleisher & Falkenberg, LLC is proud to be a full-service personal injury law firm. Rather than having a single attorney on your side, you’ll have a full legal team working on your behalf. The collaborative nature of our work means that we can provide you with the following services throughout your case:
- Collaborating with experts in medicine, finance, construction, and accident reconstruction to investigate the accident
- Assessing the maximum fair compensation to seek for you
- Identifying witnesses to the accident and negligent parties who may be liable
- Writing a demand letter to the defendant’s insurance company and representing you in settlement negotiations
- Fighting for you before a judge or jury, if necessary
Deadline to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Des Plaines
Through the state statute of limitations, Illinois restricts the time you have to file a personal injury lawsuit. For most cases, the deadline is two years from the date of the injury. However, the filing period may start later or be extended in situations involving medical malpractice or where the injured person is under 18. In discussing your case with your attorney, you should ask about the specific deadlines that apply to your circumstances and take action as early as possible.
Remember that you and your legal team must complete certain tasks before filing the lawsuit, including conducting a thorough investigation and participating in negotiations. While many personal injury cases resolve through a settlement and do not require a trial, you should still begin the preparation steps as early as possible so you can file the suit in case negotiations are not successful. If you file after the prescribed legal deadline for your case, you may lose your right to demand compensation in court.
Contact Karlin, Fleisher & Falkenberg, LLC
Don’t wait to begin seeking the justice you deserve after an injury in Des Plaines that wasn’t your fault. Contact our team today at 312-346-8620 for a no-cost, no-obligation case review.